Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it that my iPhone isn’t showing battery percentage?

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 4:56 PM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2022 4:57 PM in response to silver54

With iOS 16, the battery percentage option is now available on iPhones with a notch except for iPhone 12 mini, ‌iPhone 13‌ mini, iPhone 11 (regular), and iPhone‌ XR.

To view Battery Percentage on any other phone with the Face ID "notch" at the top of the screen open the Control Center by dragging down from the battery icon, or add a battery widget to your Home screen. If you examine the status bar at the top of the screen you will observe that there is no room to put the battery percentage.

See→Use widgets on your iPhone and iPod Touch

Oct 17, 2022 5:16 PM in response to silver54

What model phone do you have?

I already answered your question for any phone with Face ID. If there is no switch to show Battery Percentage on the screen shot you posted then you can’t display battery percentage in the status bar. There WILL be a switch for any phone with Touch ID. And I will repeat what I posted, emphasized this time:

With iOS 16, the battery percentage option is now available on iPhones with a notch except for iPhone 12 mini, ‌iPhone 13‌ mini, iPhone 11 (regular), and iPhone‌ XR.

Oct 17, 2022 5:29 PM in response to silver54

From a previous reply from Lawrence Finch:

So, the iPhone 11 does not display battery percentage. Apple has not indicated whether it might be possible to add this option in the future.

Why is it that my iPhone isn’t showing battery percentage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.