Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen ipad and emails

My ipad was stolen with no passcode lock on it , how do i stop my emails going to it please

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 6:14 PM

If you had Find My turned on, you can try erasing it: link-> Use the Find My app to erase a lost device - Apple Support

Beyond that, there’s nothing you can do to stop emails form showing up on your iPad.

3 replies

Oct 18, 2022 3:20 AM in response to heht

The most effective method by which you can restrict access to your email - and stop new email messages from being seen or being accessible from an unsecured device - is to change your email account password. To do so, you will likely need to access your email provider’s mail portal using a web browser - and change your account password(s) there.

Once changed on the mail server, you will need to update your devices with the new mail account password. Devices that have not had their settings updated, will no longer receive or send email via the mail account.

Otherwise, here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating and/or managing the device. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover or manage the iPad have been lost.

stolen ipad and emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.