Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore deleted messages

How can I restore deleted messages

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 3:58 AM

In iOS 16 you can restore deleted messages from a Recently Deleted store, which holds them "within the last 30 to 40 days" as mentioned in Apple's support page Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad.

If you do not have iOS 16 - and if your iPhone is as you indicate a 6s Plus you it can't support iOS 16 - or the messages you want were deleted more than 40 days ago you cannot retrieve them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 3:58 AM in response to kenpoman50

In iOS 16 you can restore deleted messages from a Recently Deleted store, which holds them "within the last 30 to 40 days" as mentioned in Apple's support page Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad.

If you do not have iOS 16 - and if your iPhone is as you indicate a 6s Plus you it can't support iOS 16 - or the messages you want were deleted more than 40 days ago you cannot retrieve them.

How do I restore deleted messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.