Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 12 won't remain shut down.

I also have an iphone 12.

When it is not connected to a power source and has been completely shut down, and left in that state overnight, I have found that when I simply touch the screen it comes on as if it had never been shut down.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to prevent it recurring?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 9:39 AM

There are two ways:

• Hold the SIDE and VOLUME UP buttons until Slide to Power Off appears, and do what it says. The screen should go black; don’t touch it for about a minute until all of the apps have been killed by iOS.
  • Tap Settings/General, scroll to the bottom and tap Shut Down, then when Slide to Power Off appears, do it (and again, wait).
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 9:39 AM in response to danterin

There are two ways:

• Hold the SIDE and VOLUME UP buttons until Slide to Power Off appears, and do what it says. The screen should go black; don’t touch it for about a minute until all of the apps have been killed by iOS.
  • Tap Settings/General, scroll to the bottom and tap Shut Down, then when Slide to Power Off appears, do it (and again, wait).

I phone 12 won't remain shut down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.