Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted apps not downloading

Help, i deleted an app but when I try to re install it it says “open” and that i have it installed, however I don’t and am unable to open the app, please help

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 1:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2022 2:45 PM in response to vhxpnotic

Hi there vhxpnotic,

If you are unable to download an app that you deleted, these steps from If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad may resolve this issue:

1. Open the App Store and sign in
If a blue account button appears at the top of the App Store, you might not be signed in. Tap it and sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your password.
Learn what to do if you can't open the App Store.

2. Manually update the app
In the App Store, try to update the app manually.

3. Check your payment method
You might need to have a payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free. See what payment method you have on file and make sure that it isn't expired, declined, or failed.
If you can't update apps and you see a message that says “your account is disabled in the App Store,” there might be a problem with your payment method. Contact Apple Support for assistance.

4. Prioritize the download
From the Home Screen, touch and hold the app. From the menu that appears, choose Prioritize Download.

5. Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad.
Then check to see if you can download or update apps.

If this continues after following those steps, try to download another free app to see if the same thing happens. This will allow us to isolate this behavior further.

Take care!

Deleted apps not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.