Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone says iphone locked to owner

I'm porting MY iphone from ATT to Verizon. I have entered my icloud address & email correctly but cant get past screen that sys phone locked to the owner.

Please help.

Thanks

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:06 PM

If you're being told your Apple ID can't be used to unlock it, log in with the one involved, or contact the person who can, or tell its original owner to click here and submit an unlock request.

If you're getting a different error message, post it in this thread.

The activation lock is managed by Apple, not the carrier.

(226931)

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 2:06 PM in response to ti161

If you're being told your Apple ID can't be used to unlock it, log in with the one involved, or contact the person who can, or tell its original owner to click here and submit an unlock request.

If you're getting a different error message, post it in this thread.

The activation lock is managed by Apple, not the carrier.

(226931)

Oct 18, 2022 2:16 PM in response to ti161

Heres as far as I get:

Dear XXXX XXX, Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser. Date and Time: October 18, 2022, 2:10 PM PDT

If the information above looks familiar, you can ignore this message. If you have not signed in to iCloud recently and believe someone may have accessed your account, go to Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com) and change your password as soon as possible. Apple Support

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Oct 18, 2022 3:48 PM in response to ti161

I called Apple Support. I was told that the carrier ATT has to unlock my Sim. AppleCare had me log into my iCloud (with w/screen share on (?) & said then told me to remove my iPhone from find my iPhone. I will wait for ATT a little longer before I go to an ATT store.

Thanks to Everyone who replied as each reply was useful.

I changed my iCloud password afterwards...BTW

my phone says iphone locked to owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.