Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my deleted messages

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:13 PM

The related article in the upper left corner that you were reading when you posted your question to the community answers the question if you are running iOS 16.

If you sync messages with iCloud, and you delete a message, it cannot be recovered. When you use message with iCloud, actions are reflected across devices and in iCloud.com.

If you include messages in your backups, restoring the relevant backup will recover your messages. You will also overwrite the current contents on your device and turn back the clock to the date and time that the backup was created.

See this for help with restoring a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 2:13 PM in response to davnor3

The related article in the upper left corner that you were reading when you posted your question to the community answers the question if you are running iOS 16.

If you sync messages with iCloud, and you delete a message, it cannot be recovered. When you use message with iCloud, actions are reflected across devices and in iCloud.com.

If you include messages in your backups, restoring the relevant backup will recover your messages. You will also overwrite the current contents on your device and turn back the clock to the date and time that the backup was created.

See this for help with restoring a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.