Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore

I am trying to restore from itunes to my new iphone 14 pro max, request a password. I enter the passcode, the computer pasword but not work, how can complete the restore?????

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:52 PM

You have created an encrypted backup using iTunes. You must enter the backup’s password to continue.

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 18, 2022 3:59 PM in response to sberman

Appreciate it but the thing is I don't and didn't have ''encrypt local backup'' enabled, the backup itself does not have a lock next to it, once I started this backup with the old phone it did not ask me or prompt me to input a password for this backup. Hence why I'm so confused as to what it is asking for, I typed my apple ID psswrd, typed my computer psswrd and even my old phones psswrd all incorrect.

I'm at a loss, it did not do this on my old mac with itunes, I did this one with a pc and itunes so now just wondering if it's an os thing.

Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.