Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a phone number to Blocked Contacts (for Spam Texts) to my list of Blocked Contacts when there is no "Block Sender" link?

How do I add a phone number to Blocked Contacts (for Spam Texts) to my list of Blocked Contacts when there is no "Block Sender" link?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 9:48 PM

Probably the number you are trying to block is a one-way SMS.

Types of SMS services known to me.

One-way SMS: A business may have something to say, so they may send a single text message blast to get the word out. For example; Promotional SMS, Notices, Verification Codes, Bank OTPs, Transaction Confirmation, offers, Coupon, Discounts, Flash SMS, Reminders etc

Two-way SMS: This is what most of us use.

SMS Chatbots: The chatbot will allow an organisation's clients to start or stop a service or interact with FAQs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 9:48 PM in response to Kimbie1

Probably the number you are trying to block is a one-way SMS.

Types of SMS services known to me.

One-way SMS: A business may have something to say, so they may send a single text message blast to get the word out. For example; Promotional SMS, Notices, Verification Codes, Bank OTPs, Transaction Confirmation, offers, Coupon, Discounts, Flash SMS, Reminders etc

Two-way SMS: This is what most of us use.

SMS Chatbots: The chatbot will allow an organisation's clients to start or stop a service or interact with FAQs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.