Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 and iPad stopped being able to send group texts to groups with Android users

Pretty much what the subject says. I get a message delivery failure every time. I can send texts to individuals that have Android phones but not if they are part of a group text.

I tried to run the updates recommended in settings but when I do, I am asked to enter a passcode for adam's iPhone that is 6 numerals long. adam's iPhone is my iPhone 11 and that passcode is only 4 numerals long. I have no devices that have a 6 numeral passcode.

Please help me with this. I need this feature for communication with my work partners and now I am not able to utilize it.

Thank you for your quick response.

Adam Raitano

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 11:29 AM

Even though it worked until last week, you should still contact your carrier. Sometimes, things go wrong and they need to fix them.

You should also check to make sure that you have Settings>Messages>MMS Messaging and Settings>Messages>Group Messaging enabled. Also, make sure that you have an active cellular data connection.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 11:29 AM in response to AdamRai

Even though it worked until last week, you should still contact your carrier. Sometimes, things go wrong and they need to fix them.

You should also check to make sure that you have Settings>Messages>MMS Messaging and Settings>Messages>Group Messaging enabled. Also, make sure that you have an active cellular data connection.

Oct 19, 2022 11:38 AM in response to AdamRai

AdamRai wrote:

I will contact AT&T to make sure. Yeah, I have all the correct things selected.

It's odd that I can contact single phones with an Android device, just not if that device part of a group.

SMS is a very simple protocol that uses the cellular voice channel. It will work even if you have barely any signal. Group messaging, on the other hand, is really a completely different animal. There are just more things to go wrong.

Best of luck.

iPhone 11 and iPad stopped being able to send group texts to groups with Android users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.