Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize preferences pane in Mail

My preferences pane in Mail is ridiculously wide and doesn't seem to be resizable. There are no resizing arrows in the bottom right corner - or anywhere else that I can see. I have dual monitors, and it spreads all the way across both. It seems to have started when I tried to import a signature that was too large. I have deleted the signature, but the pane has remained at that size. Is there any way to reset it as it is very annoying and difficult to use?

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:22 PM

Hi pp1954,

The steps here are geared towards your issue. Make sure to delete all of the signatures and then open Mail while holding the Shift key. Prevent apps and windows from reopening - Apple Support

"Or press and hold the Shift key while opening an app. This doesn't change the setting, but the app forgets any windows that were open the last time you quit the app."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 4:22 PM in response to pp1954

Hi pp1954,

The steps here are geared towards your issue. Make sure to delete all of the signatures and then open Mail while holding the Shift key. Prevent apps and windows from reopening - Apple Support

"Or press and hold the Shift key while opening an app. This doesn't change the setting, but the app forgets any windows that were open the last time you quit the app."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Resize preferences pane in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.