Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i install sim card in iPad with no sim tray?

How can i install sim card in ipad 9 generation wi-fi

with no sim tray?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:38 AM

If your iPad does not have a SIM slot, then you have a WiFi Only model of iPad. WiFi Only models do not have any Cellular capabilities - and hardware cannot be retrofitted.

It is not possible to change or modify the internal hardware components of an iPad. 

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Cellular Broadband Routers can be readily obtained from good computer stores, Amazon and Cellular Carriers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 7:38 AM in response to mariem243

If your iPad does not have a SIM slot, then you have a WiFi Only model of iPad. WiFi Only models do not have any Cellular capabilities - and hardware cannot be retrofitted.

It is not possible to change or modify the internal hardware components of an iPad. 

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Cellular Broadband Routers can be readily obtained from good computer stores, Amazon and Cellular Carriers.

How can i install sim card in iPad with no sim tray?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.