Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade from macOS Catalina

I have an iMac late 2013 running on macOS Catalina. I have 738GB of storage, is there anyway I can update to Big Sur or later?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:45 AM

sorry, no. Catalina is as far as that iMac can go. you need a 2014 and later iMac to upgrade to Big Sur.

3 replies

Oct 20, 2022 8:09 AM in response to 1961MJE

two things to consider:

there will likely be one more Catalina update before it possibly becomes "unsupported" after Ventura is released.

and

if it still works for what you use it for, you can keep using it. when I bought my current iMac, I gifted my old one (late 09 model) to my dad. it cannot upgrade beyond high Sierra, but it still does everything that he needs from it. and he loves it.

upgrade from macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.