Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get an old version of Pages onto my Apple account?

I have an old Mac that's on Catalina 10.15.7. It cannot run the newer versions of Pages, and I do not have the app on my account.

My Mac also cannot run the new versions of Garage Band, but since the app is on my account, I am able to download an older version - same with Pages. Is there any way (other than signing in on a newer Mac) to add Pages to my account so that I can download an older version?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 6:08 PM

The last compatible version of Pages for Catalina is 11.1. If you never installed any version of Pages using the Mac App Store, then there is no means for you to obtain it now for macOS Catalina. Had you installed Pages previously, then I could walk you through getting Pages v11.1 for Catalina. Now, you will have to resort to using Pages for iCloud with your Apple ID.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 6:08 PM in response to Hoovalitious

The last compatible version of Pages for Catalina is 11.1. If you never installed any version of Pages using the Mac App Store, then there is no means for you to obtain it now for macOS Catalina. Had you installed Pages previously, then I could walk you through getting Pages v11.1 for Catalina. Now, you will have to resort to using Pages for iCloud with your Apple ID.

Oct 20, 2022 6:54 PM in response to Hoovalitious

You would have to sign into the Mac App Store on your friend's Mac using your Apple ID that you also use on Catalina, and then download Pages which would require macOS Big Sur or later. Since your friend's Mac is associated with their Apple ID, it may not let you download Pages to it with your Apple ID. Test.

Reboot your Catalina Mac, launch the Mac App Store, and sign in with your Apple ID. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel, and see if Pages is there. If it is, you will find a blue cloud outline with a download arrow. Click that. Hopefully, you will then be presented with a dialog offering to install the last compatible (v11.1) version of Pages for Catalina.

What you are attempting to do is a gray area that I have not needed to test. I have a suspicion that your Mac App Store account on Catalina will not reflect the installation on your friend's Mac, but time will tell.

How can I get an old version of Pages onto my Apple account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.