Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing with iCloud

I synced my Desktop and Documents to iCloud. How do I get them back on my Mac as well (i.e., both on Mac and in iCloud.)

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 8:55 PM

Open system preferences > iCloud and uncheck the box of iCloud Drive a pop up window appears , showing to keep a copy of documents , and remove from the Mac .

( a ) if you had clicked on keep a copy , they will be archived in home folder that can be viewed by clicking on finder in the dock , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

Again double click on empty box of iCloud Drive , a small circle will rotate setting up the box gets checked .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 8:55 PM in response to Kevin Denman

Open system preferences > iCloud and uncheck the box of iCloud Drive a pop up window appears , showing to keep a copy of documents , and remove from the Mac .

( a ) if you had clicked on keep a copy , they will be archived in home folder that can be viewed by clicking on finder in the dock , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

Again double click on empty box of iCloud Drive , a small circle will rotate setting up the box gets checked .

syncing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.