Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide viewer window in fcpx when using breakout box

Is there a way to hide the viewer window completely in fcpx?

Until now I worked with a dual screen setup, so I cut set up the viewer window on the second screen and use the full screen view to hide the window.

Now I need a breakout box again (to work in 50i) - so I am using the second screen to output the "raw" video signal to this monitor.

On the remaining monitor, I dont need the viewer window, as is takes up a lot of space. Is it somehow possible to deactivate and hide the viewer, so I have only my clips and my timeline on the application window?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:44 AM

AFAICT, there is no option to hide the Viewer completely.

You can turn off the browser, the sidebar and the timeline, but not the viewer, using Window->Show in Workspace

You can, however, make it pretty small and have your browser and timeline occupy most of your screen.

Save your workspace to easily reuse it.

You can use feedback (Final Cut Pro->Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...) to ask for adding the viewer to this menu:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 2:44 AM in response to PeteHikers

AFAICT, there is no option to hide the Viewer completely.

You can turn off the browser, the sidebar and the timeline, but not the viewer, using Window->Show in Workspace

You can, however, make it pretty small and have your browser and timeline occupy most of your screen.

Save your workspace to easily reuse it.

You can use feedback (Final Cut Pro->Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...) to ask for adding the viewer to this menu:

Hide viewer window in fcpx when using breakout box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.