Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a device from my phone? I just got the new 14 but it’s still showing me is having the 12.

How do I remove a device from my phone? I just got the new 14 but it’s still showing me is having the 12.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 6:28 AM

Transferring often gives your new phone the same name as your old phone … usually w/ a parenthetical number appended … often causing confusion.

So, first rename your new device to something clear and unambiguous to YOU: Settings -> General -> About -> Name. (e.g. jfbiph14)

Then … login to https://appleid.apple.com/ choose devices … and delete any old/non-active devices which might still be there.

Lastly, don’t forget to “wipe” your old phone; either w/ the erase section of “Quick Transfer” or by this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 6:28 AM in response to jamesfrombranson

Transferring often gives your new phone the same name as your old phone … usually w/ a parenthetical number appended … often causing confusion.

So, first rename your new device to something clear and unambiguous to YOU: Settings -> General -> About -> Name. (e.g. jfbiph14)

Then … login to https://appleid.apple.com/ choose devices … and delete any old/non-active devices which might still be there.

Lastly, don’t forget to “wipe” your old phone; either w/ the erase section of “Quick Transfer” or by this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.