Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my apps and wallpapers didn’t transfer over to my new phone

I have an Iphone12pro and had to have it replaced. All my info transferred to my new phone except my apps and wallpaper. Can any one tell me how to get this stuff to transfer. I xfd my info using my ICloud backup.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 8:43 AM

Thank you for your response. I reset the new phone and started the transfer process again and this time I was able to get all my apps, backgrounds, wallet, saved info in icloud etc to move over to my new phone.

3 replies

Oct 21, 2022 8:25 AM in response to cashleybanks

Stay connected to the internet and continue using the iPhone. Depending on the internet speed all apps will get downloaded from the App Store automatically. Apps don't transfer from iPhone to iPhone, only the app data along with app links to the App Store gets transferred. Please see the pic below

Apart from the above following will also not get transferred.

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Apple Music

All my apps and wallpapers didn’t transfer over to my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.