You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome browser redirects to Bing

Hello,

When I am on Google Chrome and enter a search into Google, the results will appear from Microsoft Bing. I have also noticed that every so often when I try to click on a result in Google it will take me to some commercial website (Target.com, etc....) instead of the link I intended to click on.

I have run multiple scans with Malwarebytes but it has never detected any threats. My Mac OS is also up-to-date. The only two extensions I have on Google Chrome are Adguard Adblocker and Ublocker.

I have attached screenshots of all of my Applications.

This is clearly some virus but I cannot find a way to get rid of it....

For what it's worth, I have two different Google accounts that I use. For some reason these annoying redirects only happen when I am on one of the two accounts.

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 8:22 AM

7 replies

Oct 21, 2022 9:50 AM in response to zhartley

zhartley wrote:

and what did you mean by "ask the people who write Chrome"?

This is a user-to-user support forum for Apple products. Even though Chrome is very popular, we are less likely than most other people to be using it. We can answer basic questions as in "check your extensions", but that's about it.

If you don't have an extension, the next most likely candidate would be malware. I know that you've already done a scan. However, the problem with most antivirus products is that they only know about the malware they know about. When they miss something, and even the best ones miss 50% of all malware, they are going to tell you "All clean!" when you definitely aren't.

Chrome browser redirects to Bing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.