Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I receive an “AirPods Pro found moving with you” EVERY time I use my AirPods?

Why do I receive an “AirPods Pro found moving with you” EVERY time I use my new AirPods Pro?

1. Im confident that the AirPods in question are my own.
  2. This only happens with my new 2nd Gen Pros, not my AirPods or AirPods Pro 1st Gen.

It’s driving me nuts—and yes, I do see it as the universe’s way of telling me that I’m better off without additional Apple gear.

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 11:36 AM

Same issue here, and per the first response:

• I purchased them brand new, sealed in box, from my local Apple Store, shortly after they came out.
  • Same issue in that it's only w/ my new Airpods Pro 2nd gen, and not any earlier models.

My thought is that they somehow bound themselves to my daughter's iCloud account, when she borrowed them to use on a trip. However, once I saw them listed under her in FindMy, I had her remove them from her iCloud account, and re-bound them back to my account (they were always listed under my account and FindMy, fwiw, but also showed up under her FindMy).

Even after doing the above, I was still getting the notifications (made me feel like I was being accused of being a thief). So, I did find an article online with a proposed "fix" which was basically to Forget the AirPods, then re-pair them with my account. I've tried that, so we'll see what happens.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 11:36 AM in response to WATSOBJ

Same issue here, and per the first response:

• I purchased them brand new, sealed in box, from my local Apple Store, shortly after they came out.
  • Same issue in that it's only w/ my new Airpods Pro 2nd gen, and not any earlier models.

My thought is that they somehow bound themselves to my daughter's iCloud account, when she borrowed them to use on a trip. However, once I saw them listed under her in FindMy, I had her remove them from her iCloud account, and re-bound them back to my account (they were always listed under my account and FindMy, fwiw, but also showed up under her FindMy).

Even after doing the above, I was still getting the notifications (made me feel like I was being accused of being a thief). So, I did find an article online with a proposed "fix" which was basically to Forget the AirPods, then re-pair them with my account. I've tried that, so we'll see what happens.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Why do I receive an “AirPods Pro found moving with you” EVERY time I use my AirPods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.