Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app counting calories

One day, when I was checking my health app after a long day, I noticed my iPhone had counted resting and active energy. That was the only day it counted those. Every time I have checked the app since then, it did not count resting or active energy for the day. I do not own an Apple Watch or and other fitness tracker. I want my iPhone to track those every day. Why did it only count those one day and how do I get it to always count that?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:23 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 23, 2022 3:04 PM in response to ReflectionKiller

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities

This section from the following page provides guidance on tracking calories using your iPhone, that we think you'll find helpful:

Check your progress
Open the Fitness app at any time to see how you’re doing.
When you carry your iPhone with you, motion sensors track your steps, distance, and flights climbed to estimate active calories burned. Any workouts you complete in compatible third-party apps also contribute to the progress shown on your Move ring.
Note: You can add a Fitness widget that lets you track your daily activity directly from your Home Screen or Lock Screen. See Add widgets on iPhone and Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen.
An overlapping ring means you exceeded your goal. Tap the Activity area to see a summary, including total steps, your workouts, and more.

Additional information you may find useful is available, here: Track daily activity in Fitness on iPhone

We hope this helps!

Oct 24, 2022 3:02 PM in response to ReflectionKiller

Hello ReflectionKiller,

Since you’re not using a fitness tracker or third party app, you will be able to track your activity using your iPhone following the steps in the previously provided resource. We understand that you mentioned you saw resting and active calories previously, but that shouldn’t show without having an activity tracker or a third party app.

Cheers.

Health app counting calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.