Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email to self

I can't send an email to my email address from my ipad. When I try an error message appears: cannot send email the server rejected one of the recipients address. The message has been placed in your outbox.

Why does this happen when I can send email to others and receive it form others?

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:52 PM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2022 4:02 AM in response to woodsrgreen

The inability to send mail is usually indicative of a problem with your SMTP (send) mail server rejecting your email account password. If manually setting-up an email account on your iPad, or updating the account password, you have to set the correct account password for both the “send” (SMTP) and “receive” (IMAP/POP3) mail server.

Sometimes the easiest method to resolve email account issues is to simply deleted the account, restart the iPad, then re-add the account.

To remove an email account from your iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Restart iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

To (re)add an email account to your iPad:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Email to self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.