📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forticlient error: "Internal error. VPN status observer is already set."

I'm trying to get my work VPN working on a new Mac Mini (M1, 2021) running Mac OS 12.6. When I try to connect with Forticlient free VPN software, I am asked for the token digits and can get through that, but then I get a message: "Internal error. VPN status observer is already set."

This does not happen on my 2015 MacBook Pro also running Mac OS 12.6. So it's not an operating system problem. I also did a reinstall of Mac OS on the new Mac Mini and that did not fix the problem. Also, since I can access the VPN using the MacBook Pro and my iPad, the issue is not my personal account.

Anyone else see this message and know what it could be about?

One potential clue: in setting up the Mac Mini, I used Migration Assistant to transfer data from a 2013 iMac running Catalina. It's possible some bad files are buried in the system--any suggestions for a good uninstaller (better than the Fortinet uninstaller) or what should be deleted?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 5:46 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Forticlient error: "Internal error. VPN status observer is already set."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.