Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR on iOS 16.0.3 camera app missing

Something changed in the last day or two, presumably with iOS 16.0.3, and now the camera app is missing from my iPhone XR. On the lock screen the camera icon is greyed out. When I search for the camera app it's not found on my phone. When I go to the app store to "open" it I get the following message:

Restrictions Enabled

Certain apps, features, or services can't be seen or used when Restrictions are on. To use the app, turn Restrictions off.

I've restarted my phone a couple times. I've gone to Screen Time to make sure the camera app is not restricted, and it's not. In Allowed Apps I've toggled the Camera off, rebooted, toggled it back on, rebooted, and no change. I've disabled Screen Time altogether, rebooted, and no change.

Anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 9:29 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2022 9:35 PM in response to Nepenthe_x64

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

iPhone XR on iOS 16.0.3 camera app missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.