Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Unable to gather sharing information" when performing a safety check

When performing this option I keep getting “unable to gather sharing information “. Anyone know why ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 5:04 PM

Same problem. Any updates. This was not happening until recently. I do not understand what has changed on my phone that prevents it from performing safety check. I don’t share notes with anyone nor do I share my health infor with anyone, honestly…Apple get your apps & operating system working properly so it can do what it was intended to do without interruptions.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 5:04 PM in response to Ramsays75

Same problem. Any updates. This was not happening until recently. I do not understand what has changed on my phone that prevents it from performing safety check. I don’t share notes with anyone nor do I share my health infor with anyone, honestly…Apple get your apps & operating system working properly so it can do what it was intended to do without interruptions.

Nov 27, 2022 9:07 PM in response to NSVill_2021

I totally agree that there needs to be clarity with "the who" & "the why" sharing isn't available. I'm not able to stop sharing my location. On a different Apple ID, my husband is recovery yet after 3hrs with Apple Support, no luck recovering (lost recovery key while traveling & password won't work. My home control comes on regularly & I have no home pod. My game center comes on daily & I don't game. Someone unauthorized even on lockdown is controlling my apps, changing settings, altering pictures & deleting emails. System error messages constantly. I'm in the same boat -I don't share music, any group or network information & pay for an individual plan for everything to avoid confusion although this costs extra.

Oct 22, 2022 12:41 AM in response to Ramsays75

Safety Check is available only on iPhone and only if you have a personal Apple ID (not a Managed Apple ID) that uses two-factor authentication. You must also be signed in to Settings > [Your Name] on your iPhone. After you're signed in, you can go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Safety Check.

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe

Nov 6, 2022 1:59 PM in response to Ramsays75

I’m confused . I have my own phone and Apple ID. I keep getting when I try to use safety check. An Apple Service Rep told me that was normal if I had not selected a person or if I was not sharing with any person or app.

So are you all saying that there ‘IS’ an Error? Or that this message is normal and I have nothing to be concerned about?

( it pops up instantly ??)

“Unable to gather sharing information" when performing a safety check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.