Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swimming Apple Watch SE

I am a swimming instructor and I always spend 3/4h in the water for teaching. During that time the screen of my watch can go a little « crazy » and keeps vibrating.

then the screen is playing funny as I only can swim side ways and not up or down.

does any one knows why ? Or does it happen to someone help before ?

thanks 😊

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 5:01 AM

Hello Laura,

Your apple watch is reacting to the water thinking it’s a touch.

To stop this you can put your Apple watch into “Water mode” which pauses your screen from responding to water or finger touches until disabled. To do this you can scroll your finger from the bottom of your watch screen to the top. A short menu will appear then you will click on the icon that looks like a water mark to enable it.

To disable the feature after it has been activated you can either hold down the crown or scroll the crown followed by a vibration to let you know the feature is disabled and interactive touch is reactivated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 5:01 AM in response to Laura19B

Hello Laura,

Your apple watch is reacting to the water thinking it’s a touch.

To stop this you can put your Apple watch into “Water mode” which pauses your screen from responding to water or finger touches until disabled. To do this you can scroll your finger from the bottom of your watch screen to the top. A short menu will appear then you will click on the icon that looks like a water mark to enable it.

To disable the feature after it has been activated you can either hold down the crown or scroll the crown followed by a vibration to let you know the feature is disabled and interactive touch is reactivated.

Swimming Apple Watch SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.