Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

So I want to update to the new ios15 and ios16 but is says not enough storage which is fair but when I go into my storage on settings it says I have plenty. I don’t get it

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 4:34 AM

when I go into my storage on settings it says I have plenty.

No, it's not telling you that. Your iPhone is telling you that you need at least 1.35 GB to install the update. The statement of your iCloud space is on Apple's servers (66.9GB of 200GB leaving 133.1GB) but this not on your iPhone. They are different things. You cannot increase the space on your phone.

Delete content on your phone or update using a computer.

To understand the different spaces read What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 4:34 AM in response to Sarah_h805

when I go into my storage on settings it says I have plenty.

No, it's not telling you that. Your iPhone is telling you that you need at least 1.35 GB to install the update. The statement of your iCloud space is on Apple's servers (66.9GB of 200GB leaving 133.1GB) but this not on your iPhone. They are different things. You cannot increase the space on your phone.

Delete content on your phone or update using a computer.

To understand the different spaces read What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.