Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally dropped my iPad in water and now it won't turn on. Help me.

My iPad specs

A2602 - iPad 9th Generation

256GB

Silver

AppleCare+

Bought on 13 May 2022

Does Apple has Water damage repair service or I need to take it to third-party repair center??? Tell me more please.

Thank you.

iPad

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 4:18 AM

iPad has no resistance to water damage. Unlike some models of iPhone, iPad is not designed to withstand exposure to liquids.

Water and electronics do not make happy bedfellows; if your iPad has become wet, it is very likely damaged beyond repair. Do not attempt to switch-on on charge the iPad - as you are likely to cause yet more damage.

Your best option is to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad - and you’ll be able to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If you have benefit of an active AppleCare+ plan, you will likely be able to claim for accidental damage; assuming the claim is accepted, a qualifying device will usually be replaced with a reconditioned/renewed iPad of the same model and specification - the cost being a small excess/deductible fee.

Otherwise, an out-of warranty repair repair, if accepted, will likely be charged at c.60% of the “as new” cost of your current iPad:

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 4:18 AM in response to slmgr

iPad has no resistance to water damage. Unlike some models of iPhone, iPad is not designed to withstand exposure to liquids.

Water and electronics do not make happy bedfellows; if your iPad has become wet, it is very likely damaged beyond repair. Do not attempt to switch-on on charge the iPad - as you are likely to cause yet more damage.

Your best option is to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad - and you’ll be able to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If you have benefit of an active AppleCare+ plan, you will likely be able to claim for accidental damage; assuming the claim is accepted, a qualifying device will usually be replaced with a reconditioned/renewed iPad of the same model and specification - the cost being a small excess/deductible fee.

Otherwise, an out-of warranty repair repair, if accepted, will likely be charged at c.60% of the “as new” cost of your current iPad:

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

Oct 22, 2022 7:24 AM in response to slmgr

AppleCare+ covers accidental damage such as from drops and water damage for a fee of $49.

ppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians.

Service coverage includes the following:

• Your iPad

• Battery1
  • Apple Pencil1
  • Apple‑branded iPad keyboard
  • Included USB cable and power adapter
  • Unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection, each subject to a service fee of $49 for iPad and $29 for Apple Pencil or Apple‑branded iPad keyboard, plus applicable tax

AppleCare Products - iPad - Apple

This provides details based on purchase your date of May 22

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/2203/220308_applecareplus_us.pdf

I accidentally dropped my iPad in water and now it won't turn on. Help me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.