Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looping video file

I've made a very short video piece for exhibition, on a flat screen in an art gallery. I need to make a 'looping' video file so it doesn't need constant re-triggering. Preferably it would auto load (from a USB stick?) but not critical. In the olden days I would have done this by making a looping DVD (in DVDStudio pro I seem to remember) but that would clearly not be desirable in these modern times.

Despite searching I cant seem to find any instructions on the best way to do this. Can anyone help advise please? Thanks for your time!

Andy

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 1:31 PM

I am not aware of any flag or anything that you can encode into a mov file to make it automatically loop. As far as I can tell, this has to fall into the purview of the playback platform. If I am wrong then I hope someone else can put me right and help you.

5 replies

Oct 23, 2022 11:40 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis. Of course you are correct! It's actually that simple! I don't however know if there will be a Mac available, as there would be security issues in a public space. It may be a case of just pugging a USB stick into the back of the flat screen. (Obviously i've asked as yours would be the simplest solution.) Consequently i'm wondering, if there's a way to embed the looping feature into the file itself, and get it to autoload from the USB stick. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a mere .mov 😂

Looping video file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.