Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted a photo from my phone

I added the photo to a separate folder and decided to empty the recently deleted. But I didn’t know that all my photos I saved in a separate album would be deleted. How can I restore them without a backup, icloud, iTunes? I ask you, I have there photos from my country from Ukraine and my relatives. I beg you to help me, it’s so important to me

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 12:42 PM

When you create folders on an iOS device and add photos to it, you are merely adding a pointer or shortcut to those photos. You are not adding another copy of the photo to the folder. Unfortunately, once you emptied the recently deleted album, there is nothing to point to that photo in the album and there is no way of recovering that photo without a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 12:42 PM in response to Tanyaq11

When you create folders on an iOS device and add photos to it, you are merely adding a pointer or shortcut to those photos. You are not adding another copy of the photo to the folder. Unfortunately, once you emptied the recently deleted album, there is nothing to point to that photo in the album and there is no way of recovering that photo without a backup.

I accidentally deleted a photo from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.