Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV is not allowing me to sign in. I have one of the first apple TV (model A1469) I had to reset all setting, but now it won't allow me to sign-in iCloud.

I have repeatedly tried to sign into iCloud after resetting my Apple TV (model A1460) Apple TV Software (7.9 8163) to it keeps telling me that iCloud is not available. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 11:33 PM

Thanks Urquhart1244 Oh is that how you get around that? I actually refused to update to two factor because I couldn't use my old AppleTV 3 (granted I do have AppleTV4K Gen 2) but still use the old one now and then. I wound up changing it back. Sounds like there is a workaround :)

3 replies

Oct 22, 2022 6:24 PM in response to spursfaneric

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Oct 30, 2022 10:40 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have the exact same hardware/software version, with the same issue.

The software is in the last version available.

Yesterday I got a problem with Netflix authentication (basic things already checked, username, password, etc). According to Netflix, I should try typing the username and password directly from the remote control. I did it and did not work.

After that, I followed the next Netflix recommendation and reset the hardware. At this point, neither Netflix nor ICloud was able to authenticate. For iCloud, I tried with the wrong password and correctly got the wrong username/password error. Using the correct username and password, I was asked for the 6-digit two-factor authentication number. Typing at the remote control after the password authentication or including it at the end of the password as suggested, I got the same error.

I also tied the same process using restore rather than reset but got the same error.

Any hints?

Apple TV is not allowing me to sign in. I have one of the first apple TV (model A1469) I had to reset all setting, but now it won't allow me to sign-in iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.