Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery 100% charge

Apple should be add this feature in iPhone, when iPhone 100% fully charged so charging sign auto disconnect, so that apple user will understand it… so my question is, when charger charge continues after 100% for 1 to overnight or morning so is affect on Battery life or not? If not so when i remove charger after 100% ? please officially answer i need it. thanks

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Oct 22, 2022 2:06 PM in response to ObaidrKhan

You have posted on a user to user support site. We are all users here......just like you. So, no one here can provide you with an "official" Apple answer.

However, it is impossible to overcharge the iPhone because it automatically stops charging at 100%.

The best thing that you can do for the life of the iPhone's battery is plug the phone into the charger and let it charge overnight, every night. Make sure that you have enable Optimized Battery Charging on the phone as well. It is on by default, so things are OK unless you have manually changed the settings.

Oct 22, 2022 2:07 PM in response to ObaidrKhan

The “charger” is not the thingy that plugs into the wall, nor the cable that connects it to your phone. The charger itself is in the phone, and stops charging at 100%, so it is OK to leave it plugged in after it is fully charged. And it is actually good to leave it plugged in, because one the battery is charged the external power source runs the phone, rather than the battery, so it will actually extend the life of the battery.

Battery 100% charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.