Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remotes with gyroscope

Can I connect Siri remote 1st gen with gyroscopes and accelerometer to Apple TV 4K 2nd gen to play Tennis, Bowling, Races, Just Dance games on my new "sophisticated" tv box?

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 3:52 PM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2022 11:02 AM in response to Smith347

I read that differently:

• Siri Remote (3rd generation): Compatibility: Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD with tvOS 15.4 or later
  • Siri Remote (2nd generation): Compatibility: Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD with tvOS 14.5 or later
  • Siri Remote (1st generation): Compatibility: Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD

Did you try it?

My 2017 model is working fine, so I did not buy the 2021 model. I do have both models Siri Remote and and an Xbox game controller, though.

Individual games may have requirements that warrant a game controller. See the developer websites for each game. But the Siri Remote (1st generation) will work with the Apple TV 4K (2nd or 3rd generation) box. Call Apple if you seek verification.

Oct 24, 2022 5:32 AM in response to Smith347

Now I asked about 1st remote with gyroscope to connect to new ATV 2021 to play existing installed games.

I understand, and I think I’ve answered that. Is that not working for you?

Now you have to get your hands on one, if you don’t have a black Siri Remote (1st generation). There should be a few third party resellers (or private sellers) that still have a few (e.g. on Amazon, eBay). Apple doesn’t sell the 1st generation anymore.

You can pair one Siri Remote at a time. Pairing a replacement remote will unpair the previous remote. See here for pairing instructions: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support.

Oct 24, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you a lot for your replies.

Today I've bought 1st gen remote and paired it to Apple TV 4k 2021. And it works just fine!

The solution is found!

But strange that Apple doesn't make it clear enough for those who can't find how to play favorite games on new gen boxes.

PS. One more tip about new power button on the new remote. It doesn't add any additional feature comparatively to old remote buttons. But! It could make me happy if this power button could have learning function to turn on and off my projector!

Remotes with gyroscope

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.