Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple gift card won’t work

I bought a gift card for $25 and it says it is in my account but when I try to spend it, it would go through

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 9:50 PM

DevinSnell Said:

"Apple gift card won’t work: I bought a gift card for $25 and it says it is in my account but when I try to spend it, it would go through"

-------

What to do:

A card is only redeemable in the country in which it was purchased. So, where did you get this card from?

Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, talk to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

III. Avoiding Scams:

In all I , recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what I read on these forums.

Go Here:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 9:50 PM in response to DevinSnell

DevinSnell Said:

"Apple gift card won’t work: I bought a gift card for $25 and it says it is in my account but when I try to spend it, it would go through"

-------

What to do:

A card is only redeemable in the country in which it was purchased. So, where did you get this card from?

Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, talk to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

III. Avoiding Scams:

In all I , recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what I read on these forums.

Go Here:

Apple gift card won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.