Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening itunes blocks my Macbook Pro - everything freezes.

When I open itunes on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), everything freezes. I have to force quit the application very quickly in order to avoid the blockage. I'm on Big Sur 11.7.

Any help? Thanks

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 7:07 AM

I assume you mean Music rather than iTunes. Press and hold down option+cmd as you launch Music which opens it in safe mode. This may sometimes fix odd issues with the library. You might also try holding down option only as you launch Music and explicitly select the library file you want it to use in case there is an issue there.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 7:07 AM in response to duare

I assume you mean Music rather than iTunes. Press and hold down option+cmd as you launch Music which opens it in safe mode. This may sometimes fix odd issues with the library. You might also try holding down option only as you launch Music and explicitly select the library file you want it to use in case there is an issue there.

tt2

Opening itunes blocks my Macbook Pro - everything freezes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.