Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new apple series 8 says it is not connected to a network. but is connected to Verizon cellular does it need to have a Network

I am having trouble with my new Apple watch series 8 automatically knowing when I am sleeping or exercising. My son says his Apple watch automatically does that. Is mine defective or am I just not setting it up right? Looking at " about" on my watch the only thing I notice is it says no Network is available. I have a cellular model and it does say it's plan is Verizon. Being new to both the Apple i phone & Apple watch I am having some trouble like it not going into sleep mode at times and didn't go into sleep mode at all last night. Then this morning when I took a walk as I arrived back home it went into sleep mode and I got a congratulation for meeting my " stand goal" I wasn't aware I ever set a Stand goal. At that point I couldn't help but laugh, I had to manually get it out of that. Would doing a total reset help?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 7:45 AM

1 reply

Oct 24, 2022 2:25 PM in response to CSinPAZ

Hi CSinPAZ,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about your Apple Watch. We're happy to help.

To start, if you want to use your Apple Watch to track your sleep, you would need to set that up. You can see how here:

1. Open the Sleep app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Follow the onscreen instructions.
You can also open the Health app on iPhone, tap Browse, tap Sleep, then tap Get Started (under Set Up Sleep).

See more about tracking sleeping with your watch here: Track your sleep with Apple Watch

You can also start a workout when you go on a walk to ensure you get credit. See how here:

1. Open the Workout app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Turn the Digital Crown to the workout you want to do.
3. Tap Add Workout at the bottom of the screen for sessions like kickboxing or surfing.
4. When you’re ready to go, tap the workout.

See more starting a workout here: Start a workout on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Lastly, you can see more about the Stand goal and closing your rings in the Activity app here: Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Thanks.

my new apple series 8 says it is not connected to a network. but is connected to Verizon cellular does it need to have a Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.