Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry screen MacBook Pro

Are there any fixes to this? I’ve done everything reset pram started in safe mode, everything. One day it went back to normal and then yesterday it happened again. I am overseas teaching so I cannot go to Apple. If I hook my computer up to my projector it’s not blurry.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 10:31 AM

There’s at least one other person on this forum who had the same exact issue, with over 20 people saying they had a similiar problem. One other person posted a similar photo.

I was hoping there was more people out there who had this problem (kind of a crappy thing to hope for) and someone could tell me…. Yes you’re out of luck, or no it’s X problem.

I have talked to Apple over chat and they basically said take it in to an Apple store or authorized Apple service center… That’s a 10 hour flight away from me and I’m mid-semester teaching. I know, boo-hoo for me, and my 3k computer.

I know there’s no magic pill and I assume the screen is kaput, but as I said I was seeking information from others who’ve had the same issue and what happened when they went into Apple so I know what to expect.

Also when I do go to Apple I’ll only be Stateside for two weeks, is that enough time to fix this.

Lastly, if this is starting to pop up for others… this might be an issue to pay attention to/ recall?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 10:31 AM in response to mdhurst

There’s at least one other person on this forum who had the same exact issue, with over 20 people saying they had a similiar problem. One other person posted a similar photo.

I was hoping there was more people out there who had this problem (kind of a crappy thing to hope for) and someone could tell me…. Yes you’re out of luck, or no it’s X problem.

I have talked to Apple over chat and they basically said take it in to an Apple store or authorized Apple service center… That’s a 10 hour flight away from me and I’m mid-semester teaching. I know, boo-hoo for me, and my 3k computer.

I know there’s no magic pill and I assume the screen is kaput, but as I said I was seeking information from others who’ve had the same issue and what happened when they went into Apple so I know what to expect.

Also when I do go to Apple I’ll only be Stateside for two weeks, is that enough time to fix this.

Lastly, if this is starting to pop up for others… this might be an issue to pay attention to/ recall?

Oct 23, 2022 10:02 AM in response to blackcoffeegasoline

You may have a hardware issue with the display on your MacBook Pro. Take the time to reach out to Apple Support and perhaps they will be able to help you sort out this issue. If you seek other advice outside of Apple, making sure that they are a an authorized Apple Service Provider is time well spent.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Oct 23, 2022 11:00 AM in response to blackcoffeegasoline

I have a fantastic Authorized Apple Dealer here in Anchorage, it might be worth a call to them and a chate, they may be able to assist with your issue.

www.akmacstore.com

Ask to chat with the owner Ray L.

They have been fantastic in assisting me with my "OUT" of Apple Care Issues at a fast and reasonable price.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Blurry screen MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.