Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to override vibrate mode for one specific app?

Hello,

I just got a smart bell at my door and I’m wondering if it’s possible to get sound notifications from my door-app, while my phone is on vibrate?

Hopefully it is possible, because I have it on silent right now except for that app, but that means I don’t get any vibrations from other notifications.

Thanks in advance,

Kasper

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 7:58 AM

Hey kasperkeeh,

We appreciate you clarifying this for us. It sounds like you'd like to have audible notifications for specific apps while the other notifications only vibrate, correct?

The iPhone will allow you to either use audible or silent notifications. This article explains how to adjust the sounds of your notifications or turn them off completely: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Change ringtones, sounds, and vibrations
1. On iPhone 7 and later, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. On earlier iPhone models, go to Settings > Sounds.
2. Choose what you want to adjust, like Ringtone or New Mail.
3. Tap the alert tone that you want. You can also tap Vibration and choose a vibration pattern or make a custom vibration.

You're welcome to request this feature from Apple directly here if you'd like: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2022 7:58 AM in response to kasperkeeh

Hey kasperkeeh,

We appreciate you clarifying this for us. It sounds like you'd like to have audible notifications for specific apps while the other notifications only vibrate, correct?

The iPhone will allow you to either use audible or silent notifications. This article explains how to adjust the sounds of your notifications or turn them off completely: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Change ringtones, sounds, and vibrations
1. On iPhone 7 and later, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. On earlier iPhone models, go to Settings > Sounds.
2. Choose what you want to adjust, like Ringtone or New Mail.
3. Tap the alert tone that you want. You can also tap Vibration and choose a vibration pattern or make a custom vibration.

You're welcome to request this feature from Apple directly here if you'd like: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

Oct 24, 2022 5:43 PM in response to kasperkeeh

Hi kasperkeeh,

It seems you have some questions about using vibrate and we can help.

While you can't set vibrate on it's own for an app, one option that might help you with keeping notifications quiet during certain times would be to set up a Focus. Set the Focus to keep other notifications quiet but have this particular app allowed to ring.

Here's info to set a custom Focus:

1. Go to Settings > Focus. 
2. Tap the Add button , then tap Custom or browse additional options.
3. Enter a name for your Focus.
4. Choose a color and an icon to represent your Focus, then tap Next.
5. Customize the options for your Focus.

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Is it possible to override vibrate mode for one specific app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.