Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sold my iPad to someone, he’s used it for over a year, now he’s locked out and can’t get back in with his Apple ID and password. It. Says password is required since owner has used Find my iPhone but he doesn’t have a iPhone. Any suggestions

I sold my iPad to someone, he’s used it for over a year, now he’s locked out and can’t get back in with his Apple ID and password. It. Says password is required since owner has used Find my iPhone but he doesn’t have a iPhone. Any suggestions

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 2:40 PM

What should happen at the sale: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If those steps were performed, and the iPad is no longer associated with your Apple ID, then you’re not involved in whatever happened here.

If the steps were not performed and then iPad is still associated with your Apple ID, then the important steps there can be performed entirely remotely.

As for getting locked out, there are also scams here. Some scammers will meet and accept an unlocked iPad, add their own credentials, and ransom access to the seller. Among other scams.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 2:40 PM in response to Clairepal05

What should happen at the sale: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If those steps were performed, and the iPad is no longer associated with your Apple ID, then you’re not involved in whatever happened here.

If the steps were not performed and then iPad is still associated with your Apple ID, then the important steps there can be performed entirely remotely.

As for getting locked out, there are also scams here. Some scammers will meet and accept an unlocked iPad, add their own credentials, and ransom access to the seller. Among other scams.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.