Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple id is being used from china and egypt

My apple id which is my gmail id is being used from china and egypt. My security questions and birthdates have been changed. I still control my email account. I get notification of changes and purchases on this account. I have spent hours talking to apple support, they say they cant help me. This is blatant fraud, someone is using my email and my nake and making purchases in hongkong and egypt, but apple support cant mark these transactions as fraudulent or have any way for me to regain control of the account.

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 5:32 PM

Eric, Thanks for the detailed message. I have spent endless attemts to regain my account. I have reset the password. I cannot get to set uop 2 factor authentication, because the attacker has changed the 2 challenge questions and my birth date. I still control my email (even changed password) . I still cant reset security questions (apple site saye cant do that) . These dont have my answers, so i cant get beyond it.

if you can help me , message me and i can reach ofline.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 5:32 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, Thanks for the detailed message. I have spent endless attemts to regain my account. I have reset the password. I cannot get to set uop 2 factor authentication, because the attacker has changed the 2 challenge questions and my birth date. I still control my email (even changed password) . I still cant reset security questions (apple site saye cant do that) . These dont have my answers, so i cant get beyond it.

if you can help me , message me and i can reach ofline.

Oct 23, 2022 7:50 PM in response to shankar158

You might want to consider changing your Apple ID password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Personal Safety User Guide

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

Apple ID Password Change.  -

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication   *

Two Factor Authentification availability.   *

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key.  *

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.   *

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    *

Oct 24, 2022 5:39 PM in response to shankar158

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

If necessary, use Twitter or Messages.

Apple on Twitter     

Messages chat with Apple  

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

Based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Oct 24, 2022 5:52 PM in response to Eric Root

"Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis."

what criteria is needed. i can provide proof. they should at least lock account out. some one is using my name and my email. noone in my hours of discussion with apple asked for any proof.

My apple id is being used from china and egypt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.