Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to temporarily deactivate my Apple ID without backing up my iCloud data?

I know that apps store data in my iCloud, so I’m wondering if temporarily deactivating my Apple ID/iCloud could potentially cause problems with third party apps that store data in it.

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 7:29 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2022 8:04 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the reply. To get slightly more specific about my concern, here’s what I’m thinking: I want to deactivate my Apple ID for a while, but, having downloaded dozens of apps in the past, there’s a big chunk of my iCloud storage dedicated to “docs” that I can’t seem to access or remove. I’m sort of wondering whether or not there might be anything stored in that “docs” category that might make it a bad idea to deactivate the Apple ID without backing up the data.

Is it safe to temporarily deactivate my Apple ID without backing up my iCloud data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.