Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I eligible? Backlight service program macbook pro 2016

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and I am having the vertical bright areas along the entire bottom of the screen which is officially covered by the "13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program."

The only issue is that I only just started experiencing it. And you are only eligible for the service program if you fulfill the following: "The program covers eligible MacBook Pro models for 5 years after the first retail sale of the unit or 3 years from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.

My purchase date is 01/25/2017 and the program started May 21, 2019 which puts me right out of both of those windows of time.

Any advice on how IO can get Apple to cover my Macbook's backlight prolems?

Thank you all and much appreciaiton for your time and wisdom :)

YS

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:14 AM

littlejeter36 wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and I am having the vertical bright areas along the entire bottom of the screen which is officially covered by the "13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program."

My purchase date is 01/25/2017 and the program started May 21, 2019 which puts me right out of both of those windows of time.

Read the fine print and go from there...

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 9:14 AM in response to littlejeter36

littlejeter36 wrote:

Read the fine print and go from there...

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Am I eligible? Backlight service program macbook pro 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.