Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Others in my HDD, get space in my HDD

Dears, My MAC book hard disk is full, even i have icloud storage, but i see the utilization of my HDD (256GB) is 189GB for Others. How can i free some space? my hard disk is full and i use icloud with optimize storage feature.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 6:22 PM

I understand the storage space on your Mac is full or nearly full. Refer to Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support also offers some suggestions.

If you determine that the "System Data" category is occupying an inexplicably large amount of storage, refer to See used and available storage space on your Mac - Apple Support. Pay particular attention to the description of System Data.

You may find neuroanatomist's User Tip helpful: What is "Other" storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out? - Apple Community.

• What Apple used to label "Other" is now labeled "System Data".
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 6:22 PM in response to shadialkhatib

I understand the storage space on your Mac is full or nearly full. Refer to Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support also offers some suggestions.

If you determine that the "System Data" category is occupying an inexplicably large amount of storage, refer to See used and available storage space on your Mac - Apple Support. Pay particular attention to the description of System Data.

You may find neuroanatomist's User Tip helpful: What is "Other" storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out? - Apple Community.

• What Apple used to label "Other" is now labeled "System Data".

Others in my HDD, get space in my HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.