Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers Pop-up menu - number of options?

In Numbers there is a CELL option to make it a Pop-up Menu. I currently have (6) items on the list, and can not add any more. Would someone know where/how to edit this?

Thanks in advance!

Mac Studio

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 9:23 AM

Chizzer wrote:

Screenshots.... the first cell has them all in the drop-down... 2nd and all other rows does not.

Once you have the Pop-Up menu values as you like them in one cell then you need to propagate them to the other cells. That does not occur automatically.

Select the cell, command-c to copy, select the cells below, command-v to copy.

Any "menu choices" you already have in the other cells will be overwritten, so you might want to keep a backup so you can refer to, and restore, the original values.

SG

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Chizzer

Chizzer wrote:

Screenshots.... the first cell has them all in the drop-down... 2nd and all other rows does not.

Once you have the Pop-Up menu values as you like them in one cell then you need to propagate them to the other cells. That does not occur automatically.

Select the cell, command-c to copy, select the cells below, command-v to copy.

Any "menu choices" you already have in the other cells will be overwritten, so you might want to keep a backup so you can refer to, and restore, the original values.

SG

Oct 24, 2022 8:22 PM in response to Chizzer

You can certainly have more than 6 items in a pop-up menu. The limit is 250 items. You edit the list in Cell tab of the format sidebar. Hit the + to add an additional item.

You can also select multiple cells in a table (such as a column of cells), format them as pop-up menu, and all will become pop-up menus with those items on the list.

Oct 25, 2022 7:51 AM in response to Badunit

Hello there... thank you.

To clarify.... I have added new items, and when I go to use the drop-down in the field... they remove themselves from the list... gone. I have added them and saved the sheet over and over... I have quit numbers reopened and tried again, same results.

Numbers Pop-up menu - number of options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.