Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth won't connect to MAC

My new iPhone 14 Pro Max will not connect to my MacBook Air via Bluetooth. My iPhone and MacBook have the latest software updates (iPhone iOS 16.1) (macOS Ventura 13.0). Ventura was installed today. I tried to "forget device" on both iPhone and Mac bluetooth to restart the connection but no good. It gives me the connect code on both devices, but will not connect. My iPhone has a pop-up that states "Pairing Unsuccessful - MacBook Air is not supported".

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 10:40 PM

The correct answer is that your MacBook Air and your iPhone 14 Pro Max are behaving correctly. You cannot directly connect your iPhone 14 Pro Max to your MacBook Air via Bluetooth. You will get the “Pairing Unsuccessful” error every single time.

It would help us to learn, what exactly are you attempting to accomplish with your iPhone 14 Pro Max and your MacBook Air.

Axel F.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 10:40 PM in response to migraywolf

The correct answer is that your MacBook Air and your iPhone 14 Pro Max are behaving correctly. You cannot directly connect your iPhone 14 Pro Max to your MacBook Air via Bluetooth. You will get the “Pairing Unsuccessful” error every single time.

It would help us to learn, what exactly are you attempting to accomplish with your iPhone 14 Pro Max and your MacBook Air.

Axel F.

Oct 24, 2022 11:09 PM in response to migraywolf

The iPhone and your Mac, when signed on with the same Apple ID, sync with each other via iCloud OR wirelessly via a Wi-Fi Network OR can be connected through a derelict connection with a cable etc.

If you are using the same Apple ID between the two devices (iPhone and MacBook Air) then both devices should be sharing Messages, Contacts, Notes, Calendars etc.

Axel F.

Oct 24, 2022 9:38 PM in response to migraywolf

migraywolf Said:

"iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth won't connect to MAC: My new iPhone 14 Pro Max will not connect to my MacBook Air via Bluetooth.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Bluetooth:

A. Visit these Links:

B. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

Oct 24, 2022 10:29 PM in response to migraywolf

migraywolf Said:

"iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth won't connect to MAC: I read these articles before and they mostly pertain to accessories, not iPhone to MacBook.[...]"

-------

Setting this Up:

Start Here: If your Computer doesn't Recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Other Sites to Refer to:

Oct 24, 2022 11:07 PM in response to migraywolf

migraywolf Said:

“I thought that my iPhone would connect via bluetooth. They do not need to connect to one another? I am not trying to do anything special, just thought that they should be connected.”

———-

AirDrop:

For my own curiosity, I was chancing that there might be a way to get it to work. Guess not. AirDrop works on its own frequency. Though not Bluetooth this is a wireless connection. Go Here: How to Use AirDrop On your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2022 10:09 PM in response to TheLittles

Not helpful. I read these articles before and they mostly pertain to accessories, not iPhone to MacBook. I tried your second option in resetting network settings and still will not connect to one another. In fact, now when I try to connect to the iPhone from the MacBook it never gives me a connect (pairing) code. It just acts like it is trying to connect for about 5 seconds and stops. When trying to connect to MacBook from iPhone it still gives the "Pairing Unsuccessful - MacBook Air is not supported".

iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth won't connect to MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.