Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no option to “Enable Messages in iCloud” on my Mac; why is that and how do I fix it?

I have no option to “enable messages in iCloud “one of my Mac. I’m currently running Mac OS Ventura. Why do I not have the option to enable messages in iCloud and how do I fix it?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 10:39 PM

NateVick Said:

"I did that ad well and messages.app is check"

-------

A Few Other Thoughts:

A. iCloud Messages on iPhone: Set Up Messages On iPhone - Apple Support

B. iCloud Messages in Full: Set Up iCloud for Messages On All your Devices - Apple Support

C. Un-Restrict Messages: Manage Information Sharing with Safety Check On iPhone - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 10:39 PM in response to NateVick

NateVick Said:

"I did that ad well and messages.app is check"

-------

A Few Other Thoughts:

A. iCloud Messages on iPhone: Set Up Messages On iPhone - Apple Support

B. iCloud Messages in Full: Set Up iCloud for Messages On All your Devices - Apple Support

C. Un-Restrict Messages: Manage Information Sharing with Safety Check On iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2022 9:54 PM in response to NateVick

NateVick Said:

"Right, I get that; but that check box options isn’t even an option on my screen. It doesn’t exist when I log into messages on my Mac."

-------

Does this work...

Enable Messages in iCloud on the Mac:

1. Open: Messages
  2. Go to: Messages menu (top of screen)
  3. Select: Preferences...
  4. Select: @ iMessage (middle tab)
  5. Check: Enable Messages in iCloud

Oct 24, 2022 10:15 PM in response to NateVick

NateVick Said:

"It’s a brand new Mac with Ventura. My screen looks identical, except with the option “enable messages in iCloud.” It’s the same Apple ID on both devices as well."

-------

Is Messages.app enabled in iCloud settings?

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Select: Apple ID (on top-right of window)
  3. Click: iCloud (on left pane)
  4. Check: iCloud Drive
  5. Click: Options... button
  6. Check: Messages

I have no option to “Enable Messages in iCloud” on my Mac; why is that and how do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.