Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30" Cinema Display and Mac Studio M1 Max

Can anybody help? Everyone else seems to have connected their 30" Cinema Display successfully to a Mac Studio, using a Club 3D Dual Link DVI Adapter. I've just bought a brand new Mac Studio M1 Max and done the same but my screen is blank. To test the Mac Studio was working okay, I linked it to a TV as a monitor with HDMI and I can see that the Cinema Display is being detected in the system information, so why doesn't it work? What am I missing?

AppleCare can't help me any further as they've exhausted their knowledge on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: It's worked fine for 12 years now, connected to a Mac Pro.

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 3:14 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Oct 25, 2022 1:13 PM in response to Johnny_Quadrio

When is the last time the monitor was working?

Does the monitor show any signs of life?

Have your tried other Thunderbolt ports on the back? Tried a front port?

One of the reviews in adopter link you provided stated:

"I connected 2x 30” 2007 Apple Cinema Displays to a new 2022 Mac Studio M1 Ultra using these adapters and they worked great!

"If you need to connect one of these legacy displays to a Thunderbolt 3 or 4 device, this is the answer!!"

Oct 25, 2022 1:46 PM in response to lllaass

That’s a great question. The monitor has worked perfectly for 12 years connected to a 2010 Mac Pro.

The small LED at the bottom right of the monitor is lit.

I’ve just tried connecting the adapter to each of the four ports on the back of the Mac Studio and also the two ports on the front but no joy.

I restarted each time I changed the port connection but still a black screen.

Could it be that the monitor will only work with the Mac Studio Ultra? My machine is the M1 Max.

30" Cinema Display and Mac Studio M1 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.