Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APLLE TO HDMI NOT WORKING IOS16

Looks like my iPhone 14 Pro is having an issue displaying both audio and video simultaneously when connected via an HDMI connection. Trying it with my 2023 Chevy Suburban rear seat entertainment screens and it worked for a couple days then stopped. Had a friend try an iPhone 11 and it worked beautifully. I reset my phone, disconnected it from the car and I can only get the video to work and not the audio. Apple might need a fix in ios 16 as I was able to get it to work with an older phone showing that the cables and screen do work. The problem is my iPhone 14 and ios 16. Please look into this Apple. It’s happened in the past with ios 14 from what people have posted on the forums. Thank you.

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 1:06 PM

This issue was not solved, not sure why it was marked “solved”

8 replies

Oct 30, 2022 1:26 PM in response to Jason Corbin

Hey Jason Corbin,

Thanks for the update. If this began after an iOS update, make sure that your car stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

Let's get a little more information to help narrow this down.

How are you connecting the iPhone to an HDMI device?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Have you tried a different adapter?

This links to an adapter Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

Keep us posted.

Oct 27, 2022 11:39 AM in response to Jason Corbin

Good day to you Jason Corbin, 

If you haven’t already, please take some time to test using your iPhone connected to a different device and see if the same thing persists. This will help us isolate the issue further and determine which device is causing the issue.

Additionally, let’s test to see if using downloaded versus streaming content in the TV app changes the behavior at all. This will also help us to determine how to proceed with troubleshooting.

Thanks. 

Oct 31, 2022 12:25 PM in response to Jason Corbin

I’m using an Apple product that’s connecting the HDMI to the Lightening port. I’m using an HDMI cable to connect the TV to the Apple HDMI connector. The cables works as stated in the original post, the whole set up produced audio and video on an older iPhone. My phone is the brand new iPhone 14 pro. All software has been updated on the car end and phone end. Since the rear seat entertain screens worked with my cables on an older phone I’m thinking this is a 14 Pro issue.

Oct 31, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Jason Corbin

Thank you for the reply Jason Corbin!

To clarify, were you able to check to make sure there was not a firmware update on your vehicle? Even if it worked with your older device, it is important to check for firmware updates on your vehicle that may help with compatibility issues or other unexpected issues. If you haven't checked, we do recommend doing so to help isolate the issue. If you're unsure how to do this, refer to your vehicle manual or contact the vehicle manufacturer.

Another good isolation step to take would be to connect the same device using the same adapters to another vehicle if available. If you personally do not own another vehicle, see if a friend or family member can help you test this or you can test to see if the same cable and device works with a display in your home (such as a TV).

Keep us posted.

APLLE TO HDMI NOT WORKING IOS16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.