Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura installer repeatedly quits with "timed out" error

I downloaded the Ventura installer this morning. It has failed to install 3 times, giving a "Request timed out" error with the progress bar about 25% filled and an estimated completion time of 50-51 minutes.

--Disk Utility shows no problems with my hard drive.

--Booting in Safe Mode does not solve the problem.

--I am running Monterey 12.5.1 on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with a 3.8 GHz 8-core Intel Core i7 and 64GB RAM.

--I had been unable to get the Monterey 12.6.1 installer to work - it would fail during the "Preparing Update..." step with the progress bar 95% filled.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 7:52 AM

Ken Franklin wrote:

I downloaded the Ventura installer this morning. It has failed to install 3 times, giving a "Request timed out" error with the progress bar about 25% filled and an estimated completion time of 50-51 minutes.
--I am running Monterey 12.5.1 on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with a 3.8 GHz 8-core Intel Core i7 and 64GB RAM.
--I had been unable to get the Monterey 12.6.1 installer to work - it would fail during the "Preparing Update..." step with the progress bar 95% filled.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 7:52 AM in response to Ken Franklin

Ken Franklin wrote:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Oct 27, 2022 8:01 AM in response to Ken Franklin

Shot in the dark.

Any AntiVirus Software, Disk Optimizers, Disk Cleaners installed and used on this computer ?

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and may comprise the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of them should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

Oct 27, 2022 9:30 AM in response to Ken Franklin

Has the full macOS installer been downloaded to the Applications folder? It should be about 12.19GB in size. If not, then it may be that Apple's servers are still having trouble with everyone trying to download the installer at the same time. Wait a while and try again, or you may have better luck waiting until next week when fewer people may be trying to download the installer. It took me at least six attempts before I was able to successfully download the installer the other day.

If you have the full 12GBs of the installer downloaded, then the suggestions provided by the others will apply instead.

Ventura installer repeatedly quits with "timed out" error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.