Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"On my Mac" e-mail content and attachments won't load on Mail application

I have created folders "On my Mac" to organize e-mails from different accounts using the Mail program.

Often, however, the content of these e-mails and their attachments, do not load.

It merely appears blank with the sender e-mail and e-mail title but no content.

Why this this happening ? and How to ensure it stops happening in the future?

Is there any way to recover the lost content?

Thank you in advance //

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 3:47 PM

Try rebuilding the affected Mailboxes, or all Mailboxes, according to Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. They have the ability to corrupt the Mail database in addition to causing additional, system-wide problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 3:47 PM in response to FU2020

Try rebuilding the affected Mailboxes, or all Mailboxes, according to Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. They have the ability to corrupt the Mail database in addition to causing additional, system-wide problems.

"On my Mac" e-mail content and attachments won't load on Mail application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.